Meet fellow photographers who love black and white film photography. You will be guided by these passionate peers through the heart of Melaka City Centre, brought around historical sites and hear stories of the city, where you can then capture them with your own interpretation.
The workshop involves a morning coffee in a café, mingle and talk freely about B&W films before heading off for the walk. The group will gather in the afternoon at the cafe to develop the films taken with chemicals (with instant coffee!), developing tank and changing bag provided in the package. Thereafter, you can discuss the results, exchange notes with each other.
Differences between Film & Coffee and photo walks hosted by camera brands:
1) This photo walk is organised by a group of passionate professional photographers.
2) This workshop includes film developing in a dark room.
3) B&W photography require special techniques to develop the films and a roll of B&W film will be provided for you.
4) You must have a film camera. (It doesn't matter whether it's a premium camera like the legendary Leica or a point and shoot compact camera from your grandpa)
Time required: 5 hours
Fee: RM490 (Early Bird); RM550 (From 15 April 2018 onwards)
What comes with the package:
1) Film developing kit:
- Developing tank
- Changing bag
- Black & White iso100 35mm film
- Chemicals - Caffenol Developer and fixer (learn how to make this at the session)
- Stationary (scissors & clips)
2) Photo walk guided by 1 trainer : 5 students (max. 4 trainer : 20 participants)
- Photowalk will start from a cafe
- The group will move around Melaka city centre to visit places, buildings, areas with a guide to the history
- A group formed by experienced photographers and enthusiasts in B&W film photography
- Their tagline: Anything is paus-able, like photos, the moment can be captured as if pausing a moment.